This is completely random, and will probably never happen, but call it idle curiosity in case it ever does.
If Mr Ruby Slippers and I were to move to America, where would we want to live?
Firstly, my priority would be weather. I need to live in a place that:
1) is generally warm, but when it gets hot it's a dry heat, rather than a humid, sticky heat that makes you feel like you've been hit in the face with a hot, wet towel.
2) Doesn't go over 30 C (86 F) as a general rule. (I used an internet converter; hope it's right :-))
3) Doesn't ever go below freezing in winter, and preferably stays a bit above. (Is freezing 32 F for you guys?)
4) Doesn't snow.
5) Stays fairly mild all year round; no massive temperature fluctuations
6) Where you can go out in the evening in summer wearing a light dress, and in winter wearing no more than one jacket/jersey/sweater/similar.
(I really want the moon and stars, don't I?)
1) Must have a good number of cultural activities like a number of professional theatres, amateur dramatics, choirs etc. Actual celebrities appearing in plays/shows would be a bonus :P
2) Must be open to various lifestyle choices, such as homosexuality, atheism, etc. I don't want to live somewhere where people get beaten up because they don't believe everything everyone else does.
3) Doesn't have to be a big city; in fact I love peace and quiet, but must be nearby enough so one can attend functions mentioned in #1, and have a good supply of stores.
4) Prettiness. I'm thinking mountains or the sea. I'm deprived of those where I live, and I'm always happier when I'm near them.
I don't want much, do I? Seriously, does such a place exist?
Love Ruby S xxxx
PS - now I'm singing "I like to be in America, okay by me in America..." :P
5 hours ago